The Stone Age Rock Gym is OPEN with revised visitation policies. We have installed new technologies and are instituting increased hygiene measures to limit germ transmission within our facility.
Here is what we are doing:
- We have added a commercial grade UV-C air sanitizer to our indoor air-handler. UV-C light effectively kills bacteria, viruses, molds, and yeasts as the air is circulated through the system.
- In addition to the use of chemical cleaning agents, we use a handheld UV-C wand to sterilize our hangboard, keyboards, electronics and touch screen computers.
- We have installed additional hand sanitizer stations and sani-wipes throughout the facility.
- We have made common use items as "touch-less" as possible by integrating motion sensor lights, sinks, waste baskets, and dispensers.
We ask that all visitors observe the following protocols:
- Please consider completing the all-digital Visitor and Participant Agreement in advance or on your cell phone.
- Please wash hands BEFORE and AFTER climbing.
- Frequently use hand sanitizer OR sanitizing alcohol-chalk.
- Wash hands before eating or touching your face.
- Wash your hands AFTER using the restroom!
- DO NOT wear climbing shoes into the restroom
- Use the sani-wipe station outside the bathroom (for bare feet).
- AVOID shaking hands. Try the elbow bump or just waive.
- All visitors are REQUIRED to wear a mask or cloth face covering when in the facility. You may remove the mask periodically if you have difficulty breathing, when drinking water, or when eating food.
- Do NOT cough/sneeze into your hands or into the air.
Please try to use the VAMPIRE method (inner elbow) when coughing or sneezing.
- Consider taking a break from climbing if you are feeling under the weather. If you become ill within 9 days AFTER you climb with us PLEASE call us so that we can take appropriate action to protect others.
What happens next? Your information is always confidential, however we will reach out to all visitors for three days after your attendance to alert them of possible exposure. Studies show that CoViD-19 is not viable/contagious after three days outside the human body."
- We are actively screening customers who show signs of illness.
- Roped climbers should always allow an empty top rope station between climbers.
- Boulder climbers should allow room for the climber and their dismount as to not make contact with others.
Boulder climbers, as always, should mind their landings.
- Please make way for the cleaning staff.